What is the Customer Identity Verification (CIV) program?
Nigeria Skills CIV program ensures a trusted marketplace for all users by confirming customer identity through documentation collection. This helps to prevent fraud, money laundering, and the financing of other illegal practices.
We believe that CIV is a requirement that ensures a safer and secure online workplace for all Nigeria Skills members. In addition, several of our service providers, such as our payment gateway providers require us to perform certain checks on customer identity.
How do I complete CIV to verify my identity?
You can become Nigeria Skills Verified by submitting a valid ID card (International passport, driver’s licence or any government-issued ID), passport photograph and a recent utility bill or bank statements or 1 of each.
To verify your identity now, login to you account and click on the Identity Verification link in your dashboard menu.
What if the details on my account do not match the name on my ID or documentation?
The details registered on your Nigeria Skills account must match the name on your documentation. You will be asked to confirm your details during the verification process before submitting them for review.
What happens if I’m not able to pass CIV?
If you are unable to become Nigeria Skills Verified, Nigeria Skills may place an account limitation or suspend your account as a security measure.
Falsifying your identity is a crime. Nigeria Skills may report users that provide false documentation.
Freelancers are encouraged to verify their identity to market themselves to potential Employers as trusted members of our Nigeria Skills community. Users that verify their identity also benefit by receiving faster processing of their payments and faster resolution of account issues and disputes.
Verification may be completed by users at any time, but Nigeria Skills may also request users verify their identity to uphold our User Agreement.
To become Nigeria Skills Verified we require you provide:
- Proof of identity by submitting a valid ID.
- Passport photograph
- Proof of address by submitting a copy of a recent utility bill, such as an electric, water, waste disposal, or a recent bank statement.
- Proof of account by submitting your bank account details
To verify your identity, complete the following steps:
Step 1 – Profile Update
Confirm your account details are up to date (Go to Profile and fill in relevant fields), as shown in the screenshots below:
Step 2 – Proof of Identity and Address
- Confirm your address and enter your preferred contact phone number.
- Upload a passport photograph of yourself.
- Upload a scanned scan or photograph of Identification profiles such as International Passport (displaying your name and contact details), Driver’s License or National ID card
- Upload a coloured scan or photograph of a utility bill (Electricity, water or waste) or bank statements as proof of residential Address.
Nigeria Skills Verification Team will review your request. This can take up to 2-3 business days and you will be notified when the review process is complete.
Proof of identity requirements:
We require a colour scanned image or digital photo of acceptable government-issued photo identification.
Acceptable forms of Identification:
International Passport, Driver’s License or National ID card
Bank Account Details should be of a functioning and accessible account where Nigeria Skill can send funds, if required.
- High quality colour scan image or digital photo.
- Must be currently valid (not expired).
- Must include photo, signature, name and date of birth.
- Must not be hand written.
- Do not crop, adjust colours, or alter the image in any way.
- Must be in English or of English character set
- Name on ID must match the name entered in the Verification process.
- ID number must match the ID number entered in the Verification process.
If you have any questions or concerns with these requirements you can contact us at [email protected]